1 medium spaghetti squash
1 T olive oil
salt & pepper
6 slices of bacon, cut into pieces
5 oz bag of baby spinach
1 T red wine vinegar
1 T maple syrup
2 oz Goat Cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet. Slice the ends off of the squash. Cut the squash into one-inch rings. Remove the seeds. Place the rings on the baking sheet. Slide the rings around to coat the bottom with the oil. Sprinkle the rings with salt and pepper. Turn the rings over and repeat sliding and sprinkling. Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes.
|Cut the squash in to rings.|
2. Remove the squash from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
4. Leaving the bacon in the skillet, add the red wine vinegar. Stir the vinegar and bacon, scraping the bottom of the skillet.
5. Turn the heat to low and add the maple syrup. Stir.
6. Add the spinach and cook until spinach wilts. Turn off the heat.
|Add the spinach to the skillet with the bacon.|
7. Peel the skin away from the squash. Using a fork or your fingers, separate the squash into strands. Place in the skillet. When all of the squash is in the skillet, add the goat cheese and toss.
8. Serve immediately. Serves 2
|So incredibly YUMMY!!!|