Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Check Your Boob Bounce!

Friends ~ The next time you get dressed to go exercise pause in front of the mirror.  Do five jumping jacks.  What are your boobs doing?  If they are wildly bouncing all over the place practically smacking you in the face you need to ask yourself a very important questions - Does my sports bra fit?  Are you even wearing a SPORTS bra?

In my mind, the sports bra is one of the most important pieces of exercise gear you will purchase.  How can a person possibly focus on the task at hand when her boobs are flying all over the place?  Plus, don't they hurt when you're done?  When I'm in a class that has a mirror or I'm crossing the finish line of a 5k, I'd rather people see me and think "Oh, hi Lisa."  Not, "Holy cow look at her boobs!"  They really need to be contained - for your sake and for those around you. 

Unfortunately, besides being one of the most important pieces of exercise gear, sports bras can be one of the more expensive pieces of exercise gear.  What totally stinks about that is that no one is most likely ever going to see it!  We Oooooh! and Aaaaaah! over each other's colorful new shoes, but I'm not going to walk into class and flash everyone to show off my new bra.  Ladies - they are worth the money.  You don't need very many.  Like I said, no one is going to see it so if you rinse it out and wear the same bra again tomorrow no one is going to know.  Sports bras do end up on clearance racks at stores like Target, Old Navy or Dick's so if you are on a tight budget like me you can still get a good one.  Marshall's and TJMaxx are also great places to find sports bras at a decent price. 

Another issue with sports bras is proper fit.  You may think that your boobs are under control, but there is a strong possibility that they are having their own dance party right under your nose and you don't even know it.  My friend Melanie recently posted this great article to her facebook page which gives step by step instructions for measuring yourself for a sports bra www.womensrunning.competitor.com/2014/06/shoes-gear/bosom-buddies_25388  It's a quick read with good suggestions.  You can also stop by a department store and ask to be fitted for a bra.  It doesn't cost anything and there is no commitment to buy a bra from that store.  I was recently fitted and was shocked at how far off I was on size.  It didn't take long, and while it was a little awkward, the lady was very nice. 

This topic has been on my mind for some time.  I feel bad when I'm running or dancing next to someone and all I can think is "Man, she really needs a new sports bra."  I don't want to think about your boobs - I want to think about you and cheer you on and have fun!  Plus, I can't be the only one noticing this.  So - five jumping jacks in front of the mirror.  It will only take you a minute to check your boob bounce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment