Sunday, February 1, 2015

Ten Years Ago Today. Not Failure. Perfection.

Ten years . . .

Today marks ten years since my husband's first back surgery.  His first FAILED back surgery as the doctors describe it. 

I was thinking about that this morning as I reflected on how that surgery was the springboard for our lives changing in drastic ways.  Ways that we never wanted.  Ways that most days - ten years later - we still don't want.

I was asking God the questions that I often ask Him - WHY?  Why did this happen?  What is your plan in all of this pain and anger and re-direction?  - when the word FAILED popped back into my mind. 

My husband's surgery was labeled as a failure.  God's plan for our lives is PERFECT.

In many areas our lives have not been what we expected or dreamt.  God's plan for our lives is PERFECT.

Many times I struggle to keep a smile on my face and keep "running" forward.  God's plan for my life is PERFECT.

I realized this morning that that surgery ten years ago today was not seen as a failure in God's eyes.  He saw it as part of his PERFECT plan for us.  I still don't know why, but I know all that I truly need to know - God's plan is PERFECT.

"As for God, His way is PERFECT.  The Lord's word is flawless.  He shields all who take refuge in Him."  Psalm 18:30

1 comment:

  1. Great perspective Lisa! I think we all need to remind ourselves of this often - thank you

    ReplyDelete