Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Chocolate-Banana Sipper

I was searching for a diabetic alternative to a chocolate milkshake for my residents and came across something yummy . . . the Chocolate-Banana Sipper!  I haven't tried it out on my family yet, but it was so good I couldn't wait to share it with you.

CHOCOLATE-BANANA SIPPER
  
2 cups fat-free milk
1 banana, sliced and frozen (I had them in freezer for about 30 minutes)
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine all ingredients in a blender.  Cover and blend until smooth and frothy.  Makes 4 (8-ounce) servings.
Calories: 122
Protein (gm): 5
Carbohydrate (gm): 23
Fat, total (gm): 1
Cholestorol (mg): 2
Dietary Fiber, total (gm): 1
Sodium (mg): 65

CONFESSION: My first batch was very good, but my second batch received better reviews.  The secret?  I added one scoop of sugar-free vanilla ice cream. 

As I continue my search for healthy recipes that my family will actually eat, I've had great luck at www.diabeticlivingonline.com.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment