Monday, March 26, 2012

I Love My New Pink Cup!

If you are looking for a way to add some PIZAZZ to your Health Journey this Spring, here is a simple and inexpensive tip: Buy just one new piece of gear or clothing.  The anticipation of wearing or using your new treat will be just the thing to push you off the couch! 

For me, my new piece of gear this Spring is my flowery pink cup that I carry with me just about everywhere.  Not only do I drink more water during the day (Something I've struggled with in the past - I'd get home and couldn't figure out why I was so incredibly parched.  Then I'd realize that I hadn't drank anything all day!), I'm also reminded to make healthy choices simply by carrying the cup.  Take the steps instead of the elevator.  Pass on the vending machine.  Go for a quick walk mid-afternoon.  To me it was worth the $7.50 I paid for the cup at Old Navy!

Me and my pretty pink cup!

 There are numerous other options:  Pick up a new shirt at Old Navy or Wal-Mart - the prices are SO reasonable!  Grab a new towel to take with you to the gym or the pool.  Add colorful shoe laces to your running shoes.  Buy funky patterned head phones.  Browse the thrift store for a new serving bowl for salads or veggies at dinner.  You don't need to spend a lot of money.  The simple fact that it is something new-to-you will add the excitement and motivation that you need to give yourself a little added momentum on your Health Journey this Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment