Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Did you March Fourth? Now what? (It's ok if you didn't, you still need to read this post!)

Did you March Fourth yesterday and take a healthy step forward?  How did it go?  Hopefully you found it simple and low-stress to add that one healthy goal to your day.

So often, people think that living a healthy lifestyle has to be this dramatic life change.  In my opinion, doing that only sets a majority of the average human beings up for failure.  I'm a mom, wife, daughter, sister, caregiver, boss, employee, volunteer, home owner and more!  I don't have the time, money, energy or even focus to make any kind of major change.  I've attempted it many times and have only been left with feelings of failure, frustration and total inadequacy.    I do have the time, money, energy and focus to make one small change, try one new thing or make one thought-filled healthy decision today and be really good at it.  That leaves me feeling successful, accomplished and like Super Woman!

I shifted to this mind-frame of taking small steps four years ago.  I slowly lost 50 pounds and have kept it off.  My blood pressure and cholesterol lowered and they are still down.  I felt better and had more energy and I still do.  Last week my son asked if he could run track this Spring.  Last night my daughter asked me if doing 100 jumping jacks would count toward our Family Fitness Challenge.  Life is not all rainbows and ponies and I still have bad days . . . but overall my physical, mental and emotional health is so much better!

Back to March Fourth . . . So you took that one small healthy step forward.  You drank water, ate fruit, did jumping jacks or gave out some random high-fives.  Now what?  The answer is so simple.
DO IT AGAIN TODAY.
 
If you didn't March Fourth yesterday and now wish that you had, no regrets!  It's ok.  You just go on and March Fifth today.  March Fifth . . . Move Forward . . . Get Going . . . Go!

 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete