Friday, May 2, 2014

Google and Go Cooking Day Four: Chicken and Red Potatoes

I am back on track with my crockpot today!  This dish was a success with my family - after much complaining ("I don't like mushrooms!" "I don't like rice!").

Chicken and Red Potatoes

Ingredients
4 boneless chicken breasts
2 cups baby carrots
4 red potatoes cut into wedges
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
1 can cream of onion soup (I used cream of mushroom)
3 T flour
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 T olive oil
1/4 cup milk
1 can mushroom stems and pieces, drained (4 oz.)

Directions
* Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag.  Add chicken, one piece at a time; shake to coat.  In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.

* Meanwhile, place the potatoes, carrots and mushrooms in a greased 5-quart slow cooker.  In a small bowl combine remaining ingredients.  Pour half the mixture over the vegetables.

* Transfer chicken to slow cooker; top with remaining soup mixture.  Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours (Mine cooked on low for 9 hours.).
www.tasteofhome.com

Day Five will be interesting . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment