Monday, February 18, 2019

I Found a Winner: Egg Roll Noodle Bowl!

We have another winner in my quest to find heart healthy meals to make for dinner - thumbs up from my husband, daughter and me!  I found this one on Pinterest tucked inside a Taste of Home pin entitled 30 Days of Heart-Healthy Dinners.  Besides being heart healthy it was super easy to make, which is always a bonus in my book.

My only complaint, which is so minor and has nothing to do with the recipe, is that I wish I had a deeper skillet.  Cabbage kept spilling out all over my stove as I was stirring!

Check out my adaptation of Egg Roll Noodle Bowl!
Egg Roll Noodle Bowl

Ingredients

1 T Sesame Oil
1 lb ground pork
3 T soy sauce, low sodium (divided)
1 T minced garlic
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground tumeric
1/4 tsp pepper
1 - 10 oz bag of shredded cabbage
2 cups carrot matchsticks
1 package ramen noodles, without the seasoning packet
3 green onions, thinly sliced

Directions
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Cook and crumbled pork until browned, 4-6 minutes.
Stir in 1 T of soy sauce, garlic and seasonings
Add cabbage and carrots; cook until tender stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes longer
Cook the Ramen Noodles according to the package, do NOT add the seasoning packet; drain
Add the noodles and 2T soy sauce to the pork mixture; toss to combine
Sprinkle with green onions

This served three of us for dinner with my husband getting seconds and left enough for me to take to work for lunch tomorrow. 
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment